Re: patch to enable inet_addr() on Win32

> [CC Mark for branch approval]
> +#define HAVE_INET_ADDR
> +

This definitely needs a comment.  (You can cut-and-paste your commentary
above; it was helpful.)

(In general, code in GCC is severely under-commented.  We need to be
much more diligent in documenting our code.)

It does seem to me that you should also try to fix mingw/autoconf
so that this detection can be done automatically.  It's odd that it's
not working; that probably suggets that we need to expand the list of
libraries and headers in which to look.  Before this goes in on the
mainline, please explore this alternative with the Java folks and
convince yourselves that there's really no other fix.

If you add a comment -- and the patch is approved for the mainline --
the patch is also OK for the branch.

Thanks,