Re: GCJ 3.1: will generated code run on almost all versions ofWindows?

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 02:37, Jocelyn Paine wrote:
> I won't know in advance which Windows users will have: 95, 98, NT, 2000,
> XP or ME. As long as I avoid Windows NT 3.5 and below, and 3.11 (as
> indicated by the MinGW page at http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml), will
> I really be able to generate just one file, a .exe, and guarantee it will
> run on any of these?

You'll want to make sure that your app doesn't use any facilities which
aren't supported by gcj.  My suggestion it to try building it under
Linux before investing the time to get it going under Windows.

There are some tricks to static linking, but there are a number of
people on list who will be happy to give advice.

> (I'm actually writing the app in Per Bothner's Kawa dialect of Scheme,
> which compiles to JVM code. That shouldn't matter, though, I hope.)

I think this should be ok.

AG