finding the bottom of the stack

I'm implementing Bryce's idea for stack traces with reflection data,
but if I keep reading ebp (ia32) off the stack and dereferencing it, I
wind up launching off into nowhereland when I pass the bottom of the
stack (ie there's no 0x0000 marker below the bottom of the stack, at
least not on Win32).

How do you know when you've hit the bottom? I guess I could watch for a
return value in Thread::run()... is there another way?

Tricks for knowing the boundaries of your executable's image would be
helpful too, although I somehow doubt that there's a
non-Win32-specific way to do this (I'll dredge the API docs).

  - a

--
The web is dead; long live the Internet.
http://www.xwt.org/