Re: gcj and UDP datagrams under freebsd

In article <3CB68E3A.2070307@waitaki.otago.ac.nz>,
Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz> writes:

> GDB works OK for me BTW. Using "GNU gdb 2002-02-11-cvs" on PPC Linux.

OK, looks like I'm a few days short with 2002-02-05-cvs (or it could
be this port needs help over there as well ;-).  Thanks for the
information and the quick decode.  But I will admit that I'm somewhat
relieved that you can reproduce it as well. ;-)

> So if hash synchronization is in use then clearly the problem is that
class-> name is null. Inspection with GDB reveals that the class name is
> actually at class->name+4.  But I'm not sure how my patch would have
> caused this to happen!

Ah... that explains the crash at least.

>> * libjava.lang/SyncGlobal.java, libjava.lang/SyncGlobal.out:
>> New test case.
> Thanks, please check this in to mainline.

OK, installed on mainline.  I did run the tests in the harness before
commit.  This is interesting.  The bytecode->native execution test
passes (must get padded differently, or we lucky for all 8 sizes).

Regards,
Loren