Re: Solaris 2.8 build

Tom Tromey writes:

> Alexandre recently checked in a patch that removes the explicit `-l'
> options from the command line for gij, jv-convert, etc.  With this
> patch in place, we only link once.
>
> First, are we sure we're always linking against the uninstalled
> libraries?

Most likely: I've manually copied a gcc 3.0.5 libgcj.so{,.2} to $prefix/lib
and manually re-run the jv-convert link command: I don't see any accesses
(neither successful nor failed) to $prefix/lib/libgcj.so in truss output,
only to the copy inside the build dir.

> Second, if so, then doesn't that imply that the 2.8 problem is fixed?

Indeed: I'd have expected the ld error Gerald reported if the problem
persisted, but the link succeeded without errors.

> (If you've got some time, would you mind testing this?  If you can't,
> tell me, and I'll see if I can do it.)

Perhaps Gerald could retry a bootstrap (if the current branch bootstraps on
Solaris 2.8) to be extra sure this works?  I'm still working off a 20020313
tree right now.

	Rainer