Re: Deja Vu: multiple definition of `java::lang::String::length()'?

Tom Tromey wrote:

>Adam> Okay, this works, but I'm at a loss for how to add it to gcjh -- it
>Adam> assumes that it doesn't need to know if the method is 'decompilable'
>Adam> until after the function name and arg list have been printed to the
>Adam> output file -- at which point it's too late to add an __attribute__.
>
>Adam> Is there any way for me to add this to gcjh without major
>Adam> restructuring?
>
>You could do it by making the code uglier without major
>restructuring.  This isn't a real problem since the code is already
>extremely ugly.

Maybe we should consider dropping the gcjh inlining/decompilation
altogether. I don't think it is really very useful. It is problematic
for binary compatibility, and within libgcj we can just access the
fields directly in the cases where it matters.

regards

Bryce.