Re: Release stuff

Tom> I copied the libffi change to the branch.

	Thanks.

David> I know that the code does not handle 64-bit AIX yet, but
David> getting 32-bit AIX to work would be an excellent start.  I do
David> not think libgcj will work on AIX until the NO_DOLLAR_IN_LABEL
David> issue is resolved.

Tom> There's also an issue with the GC that we never resolved.  I doubt
Tom> either of these will be fixed in time for 3.1.  Unless someone starts
Tom> work on it, I'm leaving AIX off our platform list for this release.

	Yep.  This is why I was not pressing to get the changes onto the
branch.

	The boehm-gc tests passed without GC_INIT -- without boehm-gc
knowing about the data section.  It seemed that as long as the boehm-gc
data section information did not cover invalid address ranges, things did
not crash.  GC may have worked sub-optimally and missed some memory, but
it seemed to work.

Thanks, David