Re: _Jv_InitPrimClass?

Adam Megacz wrote:

>Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz> writes:
>
>>Before that it was done in a special native constructor in Class.h,
>>

>Was that the wierdness where Class had two zero-arg constructor
>implementations, one in C++, and one in Java?

Yep.

>I've resorted to using 'cvs update' to so a time-wise binary search of
>the source tree between 12-Dec-2001 (known good) to 01-Mar-2002
>(crashes in _Jv_Throw), compiling each tree and seeing if it has the
>_Jv_Throw problem. This is really, really time-consuming.

Welcome to the time-honoured binary-search method of GCC debugging ;-)

>BTW, is there any way we could put the PrimClasses on the heap?

Not for now, it would require substantial changes to the front end.

>This is the only reason hash synchronization won't work on Win32 (mingw
>linker is broken and refuses to 8-byte-align static data), and AFAIK
>these are the only non-heap-allocated Java objects in gcj.

... except for all the java.lang.Class objects which are statically
generated by the compiler. I had the same problem getting things 8-byte
aligned on PowerPC linux, but I added an "__attribute__ ((aligned))" to
the primclass declarations in prims.cc and it did the trick. See the
patch I recently posted, except it now occurs to me that I forgot to
include the prims.cc change in it.

regards

Bryce.