Re: _Jv_InitPrimClass?

Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz> writes:
> Before that it was done in a special native constructor in Class.h,

Was that the wierdness where Class had two zero-arg constructor
implementations, one in C++, and one in Java?

I've resorted to using 'cvs update' to so a time-wise binary search of
the source tree between 12-Dec-2001 (known good) to 01-Mar-2002
(crashes in _Jv_Throw), compiling each tree and seeing if it has the
_Jv_Throw problem. This is really, really time-consuming.

Hopefully I'll have it nailed down by tonight. Right now I know that
whatever causes my problems happened between 12-Dec and 20-Dec, right
around the time that this change was made. However, I doubt that this
is what is causing it.

BTW, is there any way we could put the PrimClasses on the heap? This
is the only reason hash synchronization won't work on Win32 (mingw
linker is broken and refuses to 8-byte-align static data), and AFAIK
these are the only non-heap-allocated Java objects in gcj.

  - a

--
"If I put copyrighted material into the 'chewy nougat center', I can
 claim the crunchy chocolate coating is an 'Access Control

Why Windows NT/2k/XP is unreliable: www.zappadoodle.com