RE: [freenet-tech] Technology / Features

  Hans> David Mosberger has been working on ways to support
  Hans> dynamically generated (e.g. by a JIT) code in the IA64 unwind
  Hans> interface.

It's still a bit early for me to talk about support for dynamically
generated code.  I expect to work on this over the coming weeks and
would definitely appreciate feedback.  Once there is a real proposal,
I'll circulate it among interested folks but if you have suggestions
or concerns in the meantime, just send me mail (or better still, send
it to the mailing list at libunwind@linux.hpl.hp.com).

  Hans> I would guess that interpreter frames can also be handled by
  Hans> noticing that the PC in a certain frame points to the
  Hans> interpreter, and then looking at alternate data structures.
  Hans> But I doubt this has been though through.

I discussed this briefly with Hans and it sounds it might be the case
that the contents of the language-specific data area is under your
(Java) control?  If so, perhaps you can encode the needed info in the
LSDA.  libunwind definitely gives you access to this area.

	--david