Re: [freenet-tech] Technology / Features

On 25 Feb 2002, Adam Megacz wrote:
> I personally don't use GCJ for debugging -- I get my code 100%
> working/debugged/tested under HotSpot, and then recompile with GCJ for
> deployment. VM's and interpreters will probably always provide a
> better debugging environment than static compilers.

I find your comment a little surprising... while gdb's support for java
has room for improvement, I've never seen a java debugger I liked.

With gcj I can connect to a running process and examine threads, data,
etc.  Sun's JDK doesn't provide much other than the SIGQUIT hook.  And a
core dump from the JDK is pretty much useless.

Jeff