Re: [freenet-tech] Technology / Features

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:

> Adam> You can also run Sun's bytecodes through GCJ (for example, to replace
> Adam> libgcj's broken java.security.*), but the resulting binary probably
> Adam> can't be redistributed.
>
> Please file bug reports about what you know to be broken in
> java.security.  It's important to do this because you might be the
> only person to know about any given bug (I didn't know our
> java.security had any problems...).  Thanks.

Unless I'm missing something, the libraries probably aren't doing
enough of the required API level security checks that are supposed to
be going on.  Of course, I may be wrong.  Classpath's default security
provider does nothing anyway.  Adam could be referring to something
else.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>