darwin and java status

Hi Bryce,

after some headache I'm now in state where I can tell that java and
darwin are coming closer.
I finally resynced the cvs and built again. Now the link thing with
demangling types has gone and I can build binaries and use the
interpreter gij to run bytecode. I compared as well with the sun java
and the results from all three don't differ.

I created a little program which mixes different types
(long/float/double/int) with adds, multiplies, divs.

One odd thing I see, I have to point the CLASSPATH to the libjava build
directory (the installation directory doesn't work), also the .class
file has to be there otherwise I get a Bus Error (from gij, the binary
can sit where it wants). This I don't understand. I can provide a
backtrace from gdb.

The interpreter uses the patch I posted to libffi discuss. Should I
repost here?

Could this patch eventually get into cvs?

I asked for comments, but nothing so far.

Thanks,

Andreas