RE: Thread.yield() hangs win98 [was Re: Houston, we have threads...]

Boehm, Hans writes:
 > Given a choice, I would argue against implementing Thread.yield() as a noop.

Yes, of course.

 > But if client code is written corectly, it's probably not a disaster to do
 > so.

If the underlying thread system doesn't allow yielding then it'll have
to be a no-op.  However, it ought to be possible to implement yield()
with a dummy thread which waits on a signal and then immediately sends
it back.