Re: getting my stuff back into CVS

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:
> This approach sounds fine from my end.  Will it be too difficult from
> your end?

Don't think so; at this point, re-performing my changes on a clean
workspace will be easier than trying to remove the ugly crud.

> Another thing that sometimes works ok is to edit the patch itself,
> removing hunks and entire diffs which aren't relevant.

Yeah, I'm not yet that comfortable with how diff works, although
working on gcc has definately improved my diffing skills. I'll give it
a try.

BTW, does anybody know how to make patch grok "cvs diff" diffs without
having to set POSIXLY_CORRECT? I can't set it in my login script since
it causes wierd behaviors in other GNU tools that I use, and I'm
getting annoyed with having to set/unset it every time I apply a
patch. Is there a command line argument to make patch look at the
Index: line instead of the **** line?

  - a