RE: where do stack traces get filled in?

David Mosberger has started a project to unify all the unwind code for IA64,
and has discussed this with Richard Henderson.  This started out relying on
a lower level IA64-specific unwinder interface.  But the latest version of
the interface is intended to be machine-independent.

I'm not sure whether this will be done in a 3.1 timeframe.  (I'm personally
also a little concerned about doing this to close before a release.)  But
David (and Richard?) should definitely be involved in any discussions along
these lines.

Hans