Re: where do stack traces get filled in?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Andrew Haley wrote:
> What I would like, in the general case, is to expose the logic in
> gcc's exception unwinder so that it can be used by backtrace.

I think that's a winning idea.  It would let us easily do backtraces on
machines where we can't walk the stack (alpha) or on systems that don't
have glibc (Solaris).

Of course it wouldn't work for sjlj-exceptions, but that's just more
incentive to fix the remaining targets that still need it...

Assuming someone has the time, I wonder if Mark would let us slip it in
for 3.1 (which is rapidly approaching a feature-freeze).  I'm assuming
this would go somewhere like unwind.inc, since most of the required
functions and data structures aren't public.

Jeff