Re: where do stack traces get filled in?

Bryce McKinlay writes:

 > As for running c++filt to demangle symbols, I agree this is nasty/wrong
 > but we can't link libiberty because it is LGPL.

Aww, I thought it was cute.  ;-)

 > We'd need to write our own demangler,

That wasn't possible at the time, because people kept changing the
mangling algorithm.

Nowadays, the C++ ABI is much more standard so that's much less of an
issue.  We could simply write a demangler in Java.

 > or figure out some reasonable way to go from a mangled symbol (or
 > code pointer) to a _Jv_Method.

Better still, yes.