Re: where do stack traces get filled in?

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:
> natThrowable.cc defines java::lang::Throwable::fillInStackTrace.
> This does the actual work.  It is deceptively short because it relies
> on glibc functionality.  (On ia64 we use _Jv_ia64_backtrace in
> sysdep/ia64.c.)

Gotcha. Are backtraces a target-specific thing (which would have to be
rewritten for win32), or would I be able to do some clever
cut-and-paste out of glibc? Or is this impossible with SJLJ exceptions?

Well, I guess there's licensing issues with glibc (LGPL vs
GPL-with-exception); perhaps "review the glibc code, learn how it
works, and then reimplement the same algorithm".

  - a