This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: boehm-gc: Length of .comm "_C" [[ problem found, how do I fix it? ]]
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- To: Adam Megacz <gcj at lists dot megacz dot com>
- Cc: java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:16:43 +1300
- Subject: Re: boehm-gc: Length of .comm "_C" [[ problem found, how do I fix it? ]]
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3C16E751.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Adam Megacz wrote:
>Thanks, Bryce =) I'll include a fix in my patch so that "configure
>--disable-shared" causes NOT_DLL to be defined.
>Actually, won't the static library (libgcjgc.a) get built even if this
>option is left off? If I understand it correctly, a vanilla configure
>will build both libgcjgc.a and libgcjgc.so from the same sources --
>but one is supposed to have NOT_DLL defined and the other isn't... how
>is this supposed to work?
Good question. Shouldn't _DLL get defined only when building a DLL for
win32? The collector already checks for this, so something must be
It should work for windows the same way -DPIC happens on other
platforms, I imagine.