Re: boehm-gc: Length of .comm "_C" [[ problem found, how do I fix it? ]]

Adam Megacz wrote:

>Thanks, Bryce =) I'll include a fix in my patch so that "configure
>--disable-shared" causes NOT_DLL to be defined.
>
>Actually, won't the static library (libgcjgc.a) get built even if this
>option is left off? If I understand it correctly, a vanilla configure
>will build both libgcjgc.a and libgcjgc.so from the same sources --
>but one is supposed to have NOT_DLL defined and the other isn't... how
>is this supposed to work?

Good question. Shouldn't _DLL get defined only when building a DLL for
win32? The collector already checks for this, so something must be
defining it?

It should work for windows the same way -DPIC happens on other
platforms, I imagine.

regards

Bryce.