Re: Class or interface `sun.io.CharToByteConverter' not found

Brad> PS: Where can I go to learn Classpath/AWT progress? I understand
Brad> more of it is working now.

I don't think there is a status page for it anywhere.
AWT progress is basically nil.  Nobody is actively working on it,
largely due to licensing issues.  Various people are working on
getting the licensing problems cleared up.  Of course, even if those
are cleared up there is no guarantee anybody will actually work on it :-)

Brad> Class path starts here:
Brad>      /mybank/WEB-INF/lib/servlet.jar/ (zip)
Brad>      ./
Brad>      /usr/local/share/libgcj.jar/ (system) (zip)

Here's your problem.
The -I option you mentioned in your other email is this:

    -I/usr/local/gcc.3.1/share/libgcj.jar

But gcj itself thinks the file is in /usr/local/share/libgcj.jar.
Why the discrepancy?  How did the file end up where it is?