Re: javax.naming work (Classpath vs ClasspathX)

>That is nice to hear. It would be good if we (The Java GNU community)
>had some mailinglist to discuss this kind of issues.

We do. It's an invitation only mailing list where the various leaders
of the java projects can discuss stuff amongst themselves.

If someone from the GCJ or Classpath projects asks me to put you on
the list I will do so (it has to be that way to stop spammers).

>Also note that the GPL+exception does not make everyone feel that
>easy. Most people know the implications of the (L)GPL but are not sure
>about the exact implications of the GPL+Exception. We might want to
>clearify the language at a later state. But then again it would be
>very hard to change the license text if there is not one party that is
>legally allowed to do that.

I've been meaning to badger rms about the gpl+exception licence.

The FSF actually refer to this licence as The Guile Licence, because
it's what Guile is licenced under (presumably because Guile has a
similar history to GCJ).

We (the ClasspathX people) want the FSF to rename the Guile licence to
a more generic name so that we can use it widely without confusion,
for example The Embedded Library GPL or The No Exception GPL.

>> You can submit code to ClasspathX and assign (c) if you want (we
>> already have a (c) assigned servlet API).

>I know, I wrote part of the servlet API stuff :)

I know.   /8->

Nic