Re: iconv on Solaris

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:

Mark> That indicates that Solaris is probably doing the right thing,
Mark> and libjava/gcj/convert/natIconv.cc should be fixed to handle the BOM.
Mark> Or, just use UCS-2BE on Solaris.

I assume doing this omits the BOM.  I imagine we could use
UCS-2BE/-2LE everywhere.  If a platform doesn't have these it will
simply fail to create an iconv converter.  I don't think that is very
bad.  In this area we can simply require "reasonable" systems.
Desperate users can install GNU libiconv.