Re: Small doubt

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 krishna.p.kishore@exgate.tek.com wrote:
> Is this GCJ only works on Linux ?

Not really, but GNU/Linux has had the most testing and porting done on
libgcj so far.  There have been reports of successful builds with Solaris,
Irix and Windows, with and without patches.

Support for these targets may be complete by the time 3.1 is released.

On Windows, currently the easiest way to build libgcj is probably with
Cygwin and the latest sources from CVS.  It may or may not build without
patches, I'm not sure.

> can I compile my Java programs into C++ and use them on windows ?

Not exactly.  Gcj is not a Java->C++ translator.  It is a compiler.  The
output is object code, which you may link with output from the GCC C++
compiler.

Jeff