Re: libltdl and _Jv_FindSymbolInExecutable

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mike> Why doesn't libltdl get built when cross compiling?
>
> Licensing.  Right now cross-compilation assumes you are targetting an
> embedded system.  libltdl is LGPL, which probably isn't what embedded
> developers want.

I think the key phrase for me is "cross-compilation assumes you are
targetting an embedded system".  I did not realize this when I started
with my build environment but have noticed this philosophy in other
sections of code (e.g. libstdc++-v3).

Thanks very much for the information though!  I have managed to cross
compile our c/c++ stuff from linux to sun, but the java was proving
trickier.  Now I know it's not just me ;o)

Mike.