Re: Synchronization cost regression

In article <140D21516EC2D3119EE7009027876644049B5F8A@hplex1.hpl.hp.com>
you write:

> I noticed what apppears to be a regression in the synchronization cost with
> the the trunk. [...]
>
> Does it make sense that this would have changed?
>
> What's the proper syntax for
>
> __inline_and_I_really_really_mean_it ?

Does the observed change in speed correspond to around July 20?

2001-07-20  Daniel Berlin  <dan@cgsoftware.com>

        * params.def: Change default max inline insns to 100.

That parameter had been set at 10000.  To see if it was that change in
default settings, try: g++ --param max-inline-insns\=10000

I'm sure Daniel would like to hear what setting is best for your
example code.  There was some discussion that 100 was too low.  It has
been seen to hurt STL code badly.

Regards,
Loren
--
Loren J. Rittle
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Object Technology Lab