Re: servlet code

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 03:14:44PM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > I wonder if using this version is best though.  I think Sun made their
> > implementation free software under the Apache license.  (Hmm.. that
> > license appears to have the "obnoxious licensing clause" in it.)
>
> I thought so too, but it is not in the Tomcat sources, and the
> Tomcat build instructions only point to binaries.
The Sun implementation is available at the Apache Jakarta site at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-servletapi/>
It is released under a variant of the Apache license which means that
it contains the "trademark clause".
(Products derived from this software may not be called [some words] ...)
So it is unusable in projects that want to be GPL compatible :(

Bye,

Mark
--
Stuff to read: