Re: Divide by zero does not throw exception for longs

Tom Tromey writes:

 > We do this on platforms where the runtime behavior of the divide isn't
 > what we want.
 >
 > If necessary we can enable this on x86.  It is a simple change in
 > libjava/configure.host.  However I'd like to verify the problem for
 > myself first...

Why don't you try Aneesh's program that actually tries to catch the
exception?  There never was an issue throwing the exception, it just
doesn't get caught properly.  This is because gcc marks __divdi3 as
ECF_NOTHROW, which it should not do if using non-call-exceptions.