Java programs coredump on sparc Solaris 2.6

I did successfully build the gcc-20010514 snapshot on
sparc-sun-solaris2.6.

The compiler works.  I can compile from .java to .class, from .java to
.o, from .class to .o, and link the .o files to executables.

The .class files compiled by gcj runs under the Sun JDK with no
problems.

However, the executables core dump immediately on invocation with a
BusError.  Gij core dumps too, as well as all C++ programs!

Am I seeing something different from everyone else?  Are Java programs
working on anyone elses sparc Solaris box?

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@networkusa.net