Re: GCC releases [was Re: ia64 libjava java-signal.h build failure]

    Tom> I'd like to see that too.  Java seems to change more quickly
    Tom> than the other parts of gcc, probably because it is younger
    Tom> and less complete.  Even one release a year would probably be

Right.  Another reason to do releases more often is that it will
encourage us to keep the mainline more stable.

    Tom> too few for Java.  OTOH maybe Java could do more frequent
    Tom> runtime releases without a full gcc release.

In the medium term, I'd like to see us decouple the front-ends from
the optimizers and code-generators.  Then, we could do releases
independently of one-another.  But, that may just be a pipe dream for
a while longer.