Re: GCC releases [was Re: ia64 libjava java-signal.h build failure]

Mark> In fact, as soon as we ship 3.0, I would like to start the
Mark> process of stabilizing to branch for 3.1!

I'd like to see that too.  Java seems to change more quickly than the
other parts of gcc, probably because it is younger and less complete.
Even one release a year would probably be too few for Java.  OTOH
maybe Java could do more frequent runtime releases without a full gcc
release.