Re: libjava/net/natInetAddress.cc uses inet_pton, not declared on irix6.2

Kaveh> On irix6.2, inet_pton is provided by libc, but is not declared
Kaveh> anywhere.

Bryce> inet_pton is the IPv6 counterpart/successor to inet_aton. Its
Bryce> use is already protected with an "#ifdef HAVE_INET_PTON" so I'm
Bryce> not sure why you get the undefined function error.

The function check in configure finds it because it is a link check.
However g++ gives an error because the function is not declared
anywhere.

Kaveh, I think the fix depends on your goals.  If you think we'll ever
want to use the IPv6 code on Irix 6.2 (I don't know whether the IPv6
code in libgcj actually works; I have never tried it or for that
matter ever seen a machine using IPv6), then the right fix is to look
for the function decl and have a backup decl ready.

How does the DECL checking infrastructure in gcc compare to what is in
the next version of autoconf?  Eventually I imagine we would want to
use that.

Meanwhile, I'm not overly concerned about the shape of the
current fix.  Your egrep code is fine by me.