Re: gcj && libjava for cygwin

>> JNI_OnLoad is a weak symbol -- see natFirstThread.cc.  Shared libraries of
>> JNI code define it. Do weak symbols not work on cygwin?

Jeff> They don't.  What is the proper workaround?  Define a JNI_OnLoad
Jeff> stub in a static archive?

The only reason JNI_OnLoad appears in FirstThread is to support
preloading of JNI libraries.  This is a libtool feature that is used
on seriously losing platforms that we probably don't support anyway.

Preloading might also be used in other situations, but I don't know.
I've never even tried to use it (which actually doesn't mean much, I'm
just saying it for dramatic effect :-)

Anyway, the point is that supporting this code isn't really a
requirement for us.  Defining JNI_OnLoad in libgcj isn't what we want.
It would be better to simply not define it on Windows.

For JNI libraries loaded dynamically, we find JNI_OnLoad via a
different method.  Not using this code in FirstThread won't affect
that scenario.