Re: ia64 libjava java-signal.h build failure

Jim> If libjava is broken because of Richard's EH changes, then I can
Jim> live with that.  If this isn't going to be fixed soon, then
Jim> perhaps we should turn java support off by default so that
Jim> bootstraps work again.

I updated my copy of the trunk and looked around.  It is as I
suspected -- the EH changes broke the IA-64 port.  That isn't too
suprising, since our IA-64 port used to use sjlj and now it doesn't,
but the new signal handling code hasn't been written.  There's even
some dead sjlj-related code in libjava/configure.in.

Turning off java by default on the trunk is ok by me, but I don't
actually make that decision.

Why is Java not built by default on the branch?
Does anyone know?
Is it hard to enable it by default for known good platforms?
We have a few of those right now.