Re: Query about Help Needed

>>>>> "Joerg" == Joerg Brunsmann <joerg_brunsmann@yahoo.de> writes:

Joerg> So the questions rise: should the extensions be supplied in a
Joerg> separate package?  Should a gcj configurator (someone who does
Joerg> run the configure script) be able to select from a set of
Joerg> packages?

These aren't easy questions.  We've had a few discussions about them
before, but I don't think we ever ended up with a definitive answer.
At least, nothing in the form of code, just ideas.  You'd have to dig
through the archives to read about this.

Joerg> One day a gcj compiled EJB container want to see the light.
Joerg> It'll need jndi and rmi. So perhaps it makes sense to start
Joerg> with the javax/naming and java.rmi and then with javax/ejb ;-)

We have JNDI stubs but no underlying implementation.  TVT signed over
their RMI implementation to the FSF.  We can incorporate that into
Classpath and libgcj whenever we want.  Someday this will happen;
right now most of our energy is focussed on gcc 3.0.