Re: Field resolution -vs- JNI

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:

> * I don't understand why we don't just emit a direct class reference
>   in the compiler.

I guess we might as well, expect perhaps if -fno-assume-compiled.

As a general goal, I think we should try to resolve as much
at compile- or link-time.  I'd like it so we only need to initilize
classes that have non-trivial class initializers - and some of those
can also be avoided by static object allocation.
--
	--Per Bothner