This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Field resolution -vs- JNI
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Field resolution -vs- JNI
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Date: 22 Mar 2001 22:52:08 -0800
- Cc: Java Discuss List <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Tromey <email@example.com> writes:
> * I don't understand why we don't just emit a direct class reference
> in the compiler.
I guess we might as well, expect perhaps if -fno-assume-compiled.
As a general goal, I think we should try to resolve as much
at compile- or link-time. I'd like it so we only need to initilize
classes that have non-trivial class initializers - and some of those
can also be avoided by static object allocation.