Re: remove_unnecessary_notes breaks libjava build

    Well, it seems to be related to exception handling.  My guess (without
    knowing what is going on) is that exception handling is doing things
    with instruction sequences that are confusing things.

Actually, I know almost nothing about EH, so I'm not the ideal person
either.  But the point is that BLOCK_DEAD is being set *precisely* in the
case where the note is being deleted.  So how can somebody be using it?

    It should be easy enough to reproduce the problem.  I did:

     /home/bothner/GNU/gcc/configure --enable-threads --prefix=/home/bothner/GNU/linux --enable-languages=c++,java

    I then did a 'make boostrap'.  After a while, the make fails.
    This was on a i686-pc-linux-gnu (running Red Hat 7).

That's essentially what I run, but on Alpha and I *don't* see the problem.
However, I have been away for a week, so perhaps it'll show up with the
latest sources.

Can you send me a source file I can try on a cross-compiler that will shw
the problem?