Re: Fwd: Status of gcj/java on PPC Linux?

"Kevin B. Hendricks" wrote:

> I have written that "same" piece of code many times (openoffice bridges, jdk sysinvokenative, kaffe, etc).
>
> I would be happy to help.
>
> Please point me at the required pieces to grab via cvs and any test code and I would be happy to write that for you.

libffi/ directory in gcc cvs. What needs to be implemented is "raw API closures", basically stubs that allow native compiled code to call into interpreted code (the other way around, used by reflection, should already work fine with the standard libffi stuff).

You can take a look at raw_api.c and java_raw_api.c in the libffi source. Also, there are some old list threads that should provide some insight on the raw API stuff:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/1999-q3/msg00174.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/1999-q3/msg00373.html

Richard Henderson recently did this work for Alpha, so it might be useful to take a look at what he did to get it working there:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2000-q4/msg00207.html

I'm looking forward to running gcj on my new PB G4 (heh, when I save up enough for it ;-) so I'd be totally stoked to have the interpreter working too!

regards

  [ bryce ]