This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java symbol mangling
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: Java symbol mangling
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 31 Jan 2001 14:09:50 -0700
- Cc: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco at cygnus dot com>, Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Gerald" == Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com> writes:
>> I guess not all patches are tested building the Java bits, which is
>> understandable if they're produced on certain platforms we don't
>> yet support.
Gerald> This is a real problem and it is kind of a devil's circuit: I,
Gerald> for example, after having had a couple of Java-related
Gerald> problems, am tempted simply disabling building Java again on
Gerald> my platforms. Which, of course, would be a bad thing!
It is a direct result of not having Java configury enabled by default
for platforms where it works. This last week, when in theory the tree
is supposed to be stabilizing a bit, we've had a couple Java breakages
which could have easily been avoided had people actually been building