Re: libgcj porting for Linux/ARM

Eli> I need to use the libgcj on the Linux /ARM platform.
Eli> I am using a cross compiler named : arm-linux-gcc ,arm-linux-ld etc.

Eli> What do I need to do in order to compile the library for that
Eli> platform ?  Can I use the configure script with certain flags ,
Eli> or I need to change some source files ?

You ought to be able to configure with the appropriate target and have
it work.  There might be some configure hacking to do because we've
never really tried a host-x-host port of libgcj.  Still, it might
work.

Note that the bytecode interpreter does not yet work on ARM.  No one
has written the libffi support for that yet.

Also, while I know some work has been done on making the ARM Linux
port work, I have never tried it myself.  I don't know its current
state.  It might or might not work for you.  If it doesn't work,
making it work probably isn't too hard.  Patches appreciated...