Re: JNI and _Jv_Compiler_Properties (+patch)

Hi Tom!

Thanks for your reply.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:01:51AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Martin> So shouldn't _Jv_Compiler_Properties be a field in JavaVM?
>
> We will only support creating a single VM.

Now, for the first version or forever? I thought more than one VM
should be able to run at the same time.

> Martin> The other thing i found out is that the types in jni.h are
> Martin> mostly void* instead for example JNIEnv *. Should i do
> Martin> anything about that?
>
> Can you be more specific?  Which functions are you talking about?

i recognized it with
jni.h:
extern jint JNI_CreateJavaVM (JavaVM **, void **, void *);

http://www.javasoft.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/guide/jni/spec/invocation.doc.html#15956
jint JNI_CreateJavaVM(JavaVM **p_vm, JNIEnv **p_env, void *vm_args);

but i don't know, if this web site is the correct reference.

There are also a lot of entries missing in JavaVMInitArgs, see
http://www.javasoft.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/guide/jni/spec/invocation.doc.html#633
even if we won't do anything with them, they should be present to
allow compilation of foreign code without trouble.

Bye,
Martin.

--
The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.