This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: JNI and _Jv_Compiler_Properties (+patch)
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: JNI and _Jv_Compiler_Properties (+patch)
- From: Martin Kahlert <martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:53:14 +0100
- Cc: java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010129151006.A1555@keksy.muc.infineon.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com
Thanks for your reply.
On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:01:51AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "Martin" == Martin Kahlert <email@example.com> writes:
> Martin> So shouldn't _Jv_Compiler_Properties be a field in JavaVM?
> We will only support creating a single VM.
Now, for the first version or forever? I thought more than one VM
should be able to run at the same time.
> Martin> The other thing i found out is that the types in jni.h are
> Martin> mostly void* instead for example JNIEnv *. Should i do
> Martin> anything about that?
> Can you be more specific? Which functions are you talking about?
i recognized it with
extern jint JNI_CreateJavaVM (JavaVM **, void **, void *);
jint JNI_CreateJavaVM(JavaVM **p_vm, JNIEnv **p_env, void *vm_args);
but i don't know, if this web site is the correct reference.
There are also a lot of entries missing in JavaVMInitArgs, see
even if we won't do anything with them, they should be present to
allow compilation of foreign code without trouble.
The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.