Re: problem compileing jni.cc on solaris 2.8

On Jan 30, 2001, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
>>> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'

Alexandre> Remove sparc-sun-solaris2.8/{config.cache,libjava} and it
Alexandre> should proceed.

> Do we know what causes this?

Never got a reproducible report.  It has always just worked for me.

> If not I'm inclined to simply add --tag to libjava/Makefile.am.

That would be a good thing.  When I introduced --tags in libtool, I
had planned to arrange for automake to automatically add the
appropriate tags.  Never got to implementing it, though :-(