This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: JNI and _Jv_Compiler_Properties (+patch)
- To: martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com
- Subject: Re: JNI and _Jv_Compiler_Properties (+patch)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 30 Jan 2001 10:01:51 -0700
- Cc: java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010129151006.A1555@keksy.muc.infineon.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Kahlert <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Martin> After i got a JNI prog working, where Java called C,
Martin> i now try it the other way round. Seems to be more complicate.
Although the code makes it look like the invocation API is there, it
really isn't. It won't work.
Martin> The code bombs on JNI_CreateJavaVM with a SegFault. I tried
Martin> this path:
Your patch would help, but there are other more severe problems.
Really the invocation API code needs a rewrite.
Martin> So shouldn't _Jv_Compiler_Properties be a field in JavaVM?
We will only support creating a single VM.
Martin> The other thing i found out is, that the types in jni.h are
Martin> mostly void* instead for example JNIEnv *. Should i do
Martin> anything about that?
Can you be more specific? Which functions are you talking about?