This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: problem compileing jni.cc on solaris 2.8
- To: Edgar Villanueva <EVillanueva at dynamicsoft dot com>
- Subject: Re: problem compileing jni.cc on solaris 2.8
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:37:38 +1300
- CC: "'java at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <B65B4F8437968F488A01A940B21982BF9A8227@DYN-EXCH-001.dynamicsoft.com>
Edgar Villanueva wrote:
> I am having the following problem compiling on solaris 2.8 I looked through
> the list and couldn't find anything on it.
> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
> make: *** [jni.lo] Error 1
This seems to come up rather often, but I haven't been able to reproduce it on
linux. Also, people are apparently successfully compiling on Solaris and not
running into this, so its a bit of a mystery.
Is there a way we can get automake to add a "--tag CXX" to libtool's command
[ bryce ]