Re: Is serialization broken?

>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz> writes:

Bryce> Hmm... do you have a magic GDB that can demange new-ABI java
Bryce> symbols? I'm using the latest gdb from cvs, which seems to work
Bryce> quite nicely, but it doesn't demangle. I was planning to make
Bryce> an attempt to fix this, but don't want to duplicate someone
Bryce> elses effort.

I think there's been some discussion of this recently on the gdb list.
Anyway I know the gdb hackers are aware of it, and hopefully they are
taking care of it.

Java support in gdb is still only so-so, IMHO.  I still find it
occasionally annoying to debug Java code.  For instance, you can't
print a String from a C++ frame because you get "unknown type".
That's been a bug for years now.