Re: timeouts running libjava testsuite

On Jan 22, 2001, Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva writes:
>> This would mean libtool configure found GCJ to not support `-c -o'.
>> Richard Henderson mentioned something similar a while ago, but I
>> couldn't duplicate the problem on a similar configuration.

Guess what?  Now I could.

The problem is that the `-c -o' test complains:

conftest.java:0: Can't find default package `java.lang'. Check the CLASSPATH environment variable and the access to the archives.

Now, *that* was the reason why I had introduced the `-I' switch that
was removed by:

2000-10-25  Bryce McKinlay  <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
	* configure.in: Don't pass -I flag to gcj.

At configure time, we don't have neither java/lang nor libgcj.jar, so
we must fallback to the source tree.

I'll try to find a way to get the -I added only at configure time.
Shouldn't be too hard.