Re: GCJ Bug accessing field of inner class (gcc version 2.97 2001 0117)

Tom Tromey wrote:

> We should probably disable the message by default and then only
> re-enable it if some property is defined.  Comments on this?

The "out of memory" message should never happen (unless maybe you really
are out of memory) - its always seems to indiciate of something going
wrong with the runtime. So, I don't think its particularly important to
disable it.

As for the "blacklisted block" one, I'd rather tweak the GC to stop it
happening than disable the warning. Its probibly better for someone to
see the warning rather than wonder why their app is mysteriously leaking
memory.

It might be nice to have a way to set a property to get more verbose
information out of the GC though (without going into full debug gc mode).

regards

  [ bryce ]