RE: 'Needed to allocate blacklisted block at 0x829d000' ?????

Don't bother rebuilding with -DLARGE_CONFIG.  It won't help in your case.
That advice was for someone who already had a large heap.

I would concentrate on finding out why the program is hanging.  A stack
trace from a debugger would be very helpful.  The warning message is either
a secondary effect of the same underlying problem, or it's a different, less
serious issue.  In either case, I don't think it should be your first
priority.

As far as the warning message is concerned:
Are you allocating a large single-dimensional array?  "Large" here should be
at least on the order of a 100,000 entries.

If so, and if you are allocating just one of these that persists for the
execution of the entire program, I would ignore the warning.  If you are
repeatedly allocating and dropping these, you need to find a workaround for
now (either breaking up the array, or changing libjava to allocate it
differently).

If you are not allocating arrays this large, then I suspect this is merely a
symptom of another bug in the runtime, which could, for example, result in a
bugus size being passed to one of the allocation routines.

Hans