This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java broken after i386 PIC change
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at detroit dot appnet dot com>
- Subject: Re: Java broken after i386 PIC change
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:05:22 -0800
- Cc: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>, apbianco at cygnus dot com, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com, java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010120233505.A5266@redhat.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 11:29:46PM -0500, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> Interesting. Could this have any effect on Alpha/Linux?
A change to i386.c? Duh, no.
> Shared objects built with current gcc and binutils 2.10 definitely do not
> work on alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu.
Yes. There was a bug related to generating dynamic
relocations to dwarf2 debug information. You want to
use current cvs anyway, since it makes the line number
information much smaller.