This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Java broken after i386 PIC change
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Java broken after i386 PIC change
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at detroit dot appnet dot com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:29:46 -0500 (EST)
- cc: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at albatross dot co dot nz>, apbianco at cygnus dot com, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com, java-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:
> So it seems likely that there's some linkonce bug in 2.10 that
> has been fixed since. I wonder how hard it would be to detect
> it at configure time. Otherwise I've got to figure out some
> other solution to the original bug.
Interesting. Could this have any effect on Alpha/Linux? My shared
builds broke recently, until I tried a CVS binutils. I'd been getting a
SIGSEGV in ld.so somewhere.
Shared objects built with current gcc and binutils 2.10 definitely do not
work on alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu.